Whatever you want to know about getting pregnant, being pregnant or caring for your new baby, you should find it here.
You’ll find detailed week-by-week guides and lots of expert videos, parents’ tips and interactive tools to explore.
Before you start, why not:
Want to know if you’re really pregnant?
Also, find out more about getting help if you’re not getting pregnant.
Keeping well in pregnancy
- everything you need to know about a healthy pregnancy diet and supplements in pregnancy
- smoking and drinking can harm an unborn baby – read our stop smoking and alcohol pages for help trying to quit
Antenatal care and the baby’s development
- find out as much as you can about what’s happening inside you in the first few weeks of pregnancy
- how to cope with all those common pregnancy problems, like morning sickness, tiredness and headaches
- find out all about the ultrasound scans and checks and tests you’ll be offered as part of your antenatal care, including screening for Down’s syndrome
Vaccinations in pregnancy
Labour and birth
Find out all you need to know about labour and birth, including where you can have your baby – for example, either in a hospital, midwife-led unit, or at home – and what pain relief is available, such as gas and air (entonox) and epidural.
Your new baby
- find out how to cope with a crying baby and get tips on settling them into a good sleep routine
- as a new mum, find out about the possible changes to your body and your relationships, and know how to spot the symptoms of postnatal depression
- if you have twins or multiples, find out about feeding, getting out and about, and sleep issues
Feeding, teething and tantrums
- find out about all aspects of parenting, including support and services, keeping fit, and going back to work
- know the signs of serious illness in babies and the symptoms of infectious illnesses such as chickenpox
- find out how to keep your baby safe and what to do if they have an accident
- at six months old your baby will need to start solid foods, so be prepared with our weaning tips and first food ideas
- as your baby becomes a toddler, get tips on teething, the importance of play, temper tantrums and potty training